The process of pricing and qualifying subcontractor proposals must be done with the utmost care. Without the proper due-diligence, GCs could be paying a lot more for less than what they need. Once each sub has submitted their proposal these bids need to be compared side-by-side with pinpoint precision to ensure which sub is the best for the project.
Unfortunately, many general contractors continue to manually sort through proposals separately and use excel or even pen/paper to review quotes. This manual process is not only tedious but can lead to human errors, selecting unqualified subs and losing the project or your margin.
By using a digital process, like a construction bid management software, to calculate and qualify construction bids, GCs are able to identify the best bid accurately and efficiently in one location. Check out the benefits below of using a preconstruction software for bid leveling.
- Ability to create, distribute, collect and analyze customizable scope sheets and bid forms.
- View one platform displaying all bid responses side-by-side broken down by category, so as to avoid any manipulation by any one sub that may give them an upper-hand over the rest.
- Easily plug values and calculate totals to locate the lowest, most qualified bid.
- Continuously edit and change scope sheets for quick comparison.
- Understand the exact services provided, how long they’ll take and at what cost.
- Fully export to Excel to aid the transfer of data to estimating or purchasing systems.
- Easily access bid proposal historical data to ensure quality subs for future projects and increase project won ratio.
Subscribe below to receive more tips and tricks like these from the free, bi-weekly Bid Coach newsletter to streamline your construction bid process and win more projects.