The construction industry is constantly changing. Continuing education is vital for estimators and preconstruction professionals to maintain quality and stay current with the latest developments, skills, tools, devices, software, etc. Contractor continuing education is critical not only to renewing licenses and satisfying requirements, but to ensure optimal bids, project completion, and company success.
However, taking the time to invest in new knowledge and understanding current and future industry trends is usually not a high priority on a GCs list. So, we decided to skim the internet for you and provide top construction blogs, courses, articles, podcasts, etc. your employees can easily utilize to refresh or enhance their knowledge and skills for success.
Check out the top continuing education resources for construction below to advance your contracting company and career to the next level.
- ENR: Engineering News Record – Engineering News-Record provides the engineering and construction news, analysis, commentary and data that construction industry professionals need to do their jobs more effectively. Their products include a weekly magazine with more than 47,812 paid subscribers, a website with over 196,000 unique visitors a month and a series of in-person events.
- AGC of America – This association is an authorized provider of continuing education and various professional development credits. Look to AGC to earn the continuing education necessary for license renewal and career development.
- ConstructionDive – Their mission is to provide busy professionals like you with a bird’s-eye view of construction in 60 seconds. Throughout the day their editorial team analyzes the top news stories and publishes in-depth feature articles. You can also use their site to check out industry events, jobs, and more.
- ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators): ASPE serves residential, commercial and civil construction estimators by providing Education, Fellowship, and the opportunity for Professional Development. The proper Education, Ethics, Standards, Certification and Fellowship lead to the ultimate goal of Professionalism. Join today and contact them with any questions you may have about membership.
- 2018 Construction Technology Report – Access the 7th Annual 2018 Construction Technology Report to learn how over 3,000 construction professionals select software, budget for staff, secure data and optimize IT.
- Advancing Preconstruction & Estimating Conference – Advancing Preconstruction & Estimating 2019 will bring together contractors, clients and designers to discover best practices and tools for the entire preconstruction life-cycle from initial project planning through operations handover. Benchmark your approach to estimating, tech or risk across multiple education tracks, and coordinate with project partners to learn how to forge more integrated precon workflows.
- ConTechCrew Podcast – Construction technologists who geek out on a weekly podcast about the latest news and current trends within the construction and technology industries.
- OSHA’s Free Courses – OSHA has multiple free videos, handouts and other resources that cover a variety of topics from falls to accidents and other common issues in construction.
- JBKnowledge ConTech Roadshow – Join construction professionals in your region for a day of networking, educational sessions, and interactive tech demos. Discover how your company can stay ahead of the game with tech through educational sessions led by top contractors and technologists.
- AGC SmartBrief – Designed specifically for contractors and construction executives like you, AGC SmartBrief is a FREE e-mail newsletter delivered 4x/week. It provides the latest need-to-know news and industry information that maximizes your time, giving you an edge over your competition.
Subscribe below to receive more tips and tricks like these from the free, bi-weekly Bid Coach newsletter to streamline your construction bid process and win more projects.